Sunday, July 17, 2016

Just a Normal Week

I think it's been what one would call a normal week here in Taree.  The work does move slower when you serve "in the bush" but it allows more time for reflection.  As I have done so, I've really gained an appreciation for the simplicity of the Gospel.  It has become so common to complicate everything, even when it doesn't need to be.  And that's the beauty of the Gospel: five simple principles.  

These 5 principles are exactly what Jesus Christ taught 2,000 years ago, restored to the earth through the prophet Joseph Smith.  These five principles aren't just something cool to teach and talk about, but are a way of life.  The Gospel of Jesus Christ, as described in 2 Nephi 31, is often depicted by a pathway that contains a gate.  Once entering in, (through the ordinances of baptism and receiving the gift of the Holy Ghost) the principle of enduring to the end truly comes into play.  

Through our lives, we must always exercise faith in Jesus Christ and His Atonement.  We must always repent of our mistakes and change in order to become better.  This entire process is taught so simply.  Endure to the end.  

Knowing about and being able to partake in this Gospel has been such a blessing in my life.  Members and non-members will tell us about things occurring in the world and I always have to tell myself that the time is near.  Sometimes I wonder if I'm scared or worried of the future and what it will bring, but as I reflect on what matters most, eternal truths of the Gospel of Jesus Christ, I know that there is no need to fear for we have Christ and we are on his side.  I pray that we all will continuously draw nearer to Him in preparation for these last days.  In the name of Jesus Christ, amen.  

Ponderize 
- I know I've missed the past couple of weeks, so here's the three scriptures I've studied: D&C 50:44, D&C 58:3-4 and D&C 63:9-10
" But, behold, faith cometh not by signs, but signs follow those that believe.  Yea, signs come by faith, not by the will of men, nor as they please, but by the will of God."
A simple truth taught throughout the Book of Mormon is also taught here.  By waiting for a sign to come, we will never grow or progress.  We must exercise our faith before we can see the sign or have change occur.  




We just had to stop and take this one.  There was literally nobody on the road.  


Special Training from a couple weeks ago 

No comments:

Post a Comment