Wednesday, April 27, 2016

They Call this Place "The Bush"

This past week has been awesome! So Monday was my last day in Harbord and Elder Flake and I got to visit a few families before I left on Tuesday.  It was a good day.

Tuesday was travel day, so we bussed to the nearest train station, from where I caught a 2.5 hour train to Newcastle.  Here's where it gets fun.  The Zone Leaders told Elder Faasipa (Elder from Hawai'i that visa-waited in Mississippi, but came to Australia with my intake) and I that we'd be traveling to our areas together, and hand me the keys. Haha! Haven't driven in 7 months, but we hop on Pacific Highway and 2 hours later, we're up in Taree! Longest drive of my life!

So that's where I am now, up in the Taree Branch with Elder Gualco! Man it's been sweet. Elder Gualco and I both graduated from an MHS Trojans school and we're heaps excited to get the work moving up here.

Taree is great, it's a small little country town, with a branch of about 20 strong on an average Sunday.  When I first heard I'd be getting transferred up here, I didn't know what to expect.  Everybody calls it the bush, but let me tell you, this place is not the Aussie bush you see on Crocodile Dundee.  The highways have kangaroo and koala crossing signs, which is pretty cool!

We've got some good things lined up this week and are way excited for it all!

Love you heaps,
Elder Muh

Ponderize
- D&C 3:3
"Remember, remember that it is not the work of God that is frustrated, but the work of men;"
I've started reading the Doctrine & Covenants this transfer, which is going to be pretty good.  This verse was pretty powerful.  The work of God will never falter.  It may slow down, but it will never stop.  It is simply up to us, His servants, to keep the pace and keep His work moving.  


Lunderbergs LLB, great drink!


 World Famous Fish Shop in Dee Why Grand.  Best stuff ever! 
(Did my son really just say that about fish?)


Oldfield Family


Gonna miss Piero.  He has such strong faith!


Dinner with the Wolfgramms


Transfer Day:  Waiting for early morning bus


Train Ride


Manning River at Sunset


Throwing up the Shaka in OUR CAR!  
New companion:  Elder Gualco from Morgan, Utah
(Elder Muh is the designated driver for now)  

No comments:

Post a Comment