Monday, April 11, 2016

Simplicity of the Gospel

We had an awesome training from the Zone Leaders this week about the processes of teaching by the Spirit and the importance of prayer.  I really felt like I was complicating everything instead of just sticking to the basics.  Alma 37:6 has basically become my favorite scripture because I can't accomplish anything great without working on the small and simple things first.  

Elder Flake and I got to go on trade off with the Zone Leaders, Elder Vaughn and Elder White the day after our District Meeting.  It was really great being able to continue to learn from their experience.  We got to see a few miracles throughout the trade off, especially during a lesson where the Spirit totally took over and allowed us to set a baptismal date.  Elder Vaughn helped me to reflect and set some goals and plans about how I can improve to become the missionary I want to be.  He asked me a simple question that really stuck with me: Are you living the Gospel of Jesus Christ? 

My first thought was, why would I not be? I'm a missionary, I teach people about His Gospel!  The more I thought about it, the more I saw room for improvement.  Am I really exercising faith in Jesus and Christ and His Atonement? Am I repenting daily for my shortcomings? Am I remembering my baptismal covenants? Am I seeking the companionship of the Holy Ghost to guide me in His work? Through it all, am I continuing to endure to the end? Throughout the week, I was able to furthermore study the Gospel, especially in 2 Nephi 31. I hope to really apply those questions this week to be able to accomplish more and see miracles in the work.  

Elder Nielsen's first General Conference talk is entitled "Hastening The Lord's Game Plan".  It's a really great talk, and I'd definitely recommend you read it.  I would like to take that title and look at the Gospel of Jesus Christ.  In any sporting event, you enter with a game plan.  What are you looking for on offense? How are you going to neutralize players on defense? As a team, how are we going to win the game? Heavenly Father has established a simple game plan for us to "win the game" and return to live with Him again.  

It's the Gospel of Jesus Christ! As we (1) exercise our faith in Christ, (2) repent of our mistakes, (3) follow the example of Christ by entering into the covenant of baptism, (4) receive the Gift of the Holy Ghost and seek it's guidance, and (5) endure to the end, we are preparing to return to Him.  There may be trials and challenges along the way, but it really is that simple.  And because we as brothers and sisters are all in it together, we can look to each other for support.  Christ carries the big load, and we as His teammates can help Him by grabbing some boards and fortifying the house on defense.  I know that as we do so, we will be ready when the day comes.  

Love you heaps,
Elder Muh 

Ponderize 
- James 1:22
"But be ye doers of the word, and not hearers only, deceiving your own selves."
As disciples of Christ, we must go and do.  James chapter 2 teaches us that faith without works is dead.  We can have all the faith in the world, but the only way that we can progress is by exercising that faith.  We will strengthen our faith and become "doers of the word" as we act in faith follow Him.  


Found my Flat!


Pretty Cool View from our Balcony


Easter in Australia= Hot Cross Buns

No comments:

Post a Comment