Thursday, August 31, 2017

The Week Before the Week

A very frequently asked question this week was how I feel.  To be completely honest with you, it does not feel like I've been out here for two years.  I had the same thought in MLC at the beginning of this transfer realizing that I was one of the "oldest" missionaries in there.  All the math adds up.  I was set apart September 6th, entered the MTC on the 9th, and September 2017 begins this week.  Needless to say, it feels pretty crazy thinking about it all.  

So now we'll go to the highlights.  

  • Normally we go grocery shopping in pros. clothes, but last Monday we went in our non-pros. after Zone P-Day.  From my perspective, it's a lot harder to tell that we're missionaries when we ain't in the get-up.  But, this lady kept staring at our badges and eventually asked us what we do.  And so for the next ten minutes or so, we're (the four of us Elders) standing in the middle of an aisle telling this lady what we do as missionaries ad low key teaching her the Restoration.  Really cool experience.  
  • So far I've only knocked doors on trade-offs this transfer.  We might change that this week, but I got to do so in Minchinbury with Elder Tasker.  Not too many peeps were home, but it was fun to switch it up and very simply invite people to learn about our unique message.  
  • Held DTM up in Leura this week, so 4 companionships trained up instead of the Leura Sisters driving down the mountain.  I love traveling in groups of missionaries, the looks we get are always priceless.  
  • Training through the Central Coast was also awesome.  Great memories up there and cool to see Elder Metcalf baptize Rodney, who has a super solid testimony.  
  • Speaking of testimonies, I went up to Leura for a second time this week to conduct a baptismal interview for the Leura Sisters investigator.  She's a 16 year old girl, but her understanding of repentance really impressed me.  She's so excited to be baptized this coming Saturday for that very reason.  

Well, I got one more week to rock the get-up and my Elder Muh badge.  It's such a privilege to represent the Savior Jesus Christ, and I'm beginning to realize how grateful I am to have had this opportunity.  One more week to shine light, plant seeds, and testify!  

Love you heaps!
Elder Muh


We got Angel Moroni in our District (DTM in Leura)


You know what it is 


Twinning 



The Zone at foot golf (minus E.Metcalf and S. Fuller who were taking the pics)


Pretending to have hops in Leura 

No comments:

Post a Comment