Monday, January 11, 2016

Hawaiian Winter, Aussie Summer

This week was definitely an interesting one.  The first half of the week, it poured for about three days straight.  It kind of actually felt like Winter in Hawai'i! But, I spoke to soon.  I think summer has fully arrived, the heat is out!

Something a little different happened this week.  We had a few appointments scheduled this week, and as the week went on, more were scheduled.  We tried to visit as many less actives and former investigators as possible, and by doing so, we did hardly any tracting at all.

Early in the week, we visited one of the less active families in the ward, a Tongan family.  The lesson started off in English, but eventually Tongan needed to be used so the father could understand.  I have close to no idea what was said in that lesson, but towards the end, Elder Lamipeti asked me to bear my testimony in Tongan, which I did.  Words cannot explain how strong the Spirit was during that time, and I'm very grateful that Elder Lamipeti has helped me to learn how to bear my testimony for moments like that on my mission.

This week was filled with numerous small and simple miracles.  Another less active family we've been working with (the one with a few young kids) came to church yesterday!  The joy I felt yesterday was amazing.  We also had a part member less active family call us one morning and invite us over for dinner that evening.  Finally, we ran into one of our investigators and his friend walking home one night, and he told his friend that he should meet with us some time.

I think a lot of times, we want to see huge miracles as the fruits of our labors.  However, it is by small and simple things that great things come to pass.  As much as I would love to see someone that my companion and I taught get baptized, these small miracles are huge blessings in itself.

Love you heaps,
Elder Muh

Ponderize
- Luke 4:43 (Last Week)
"And he said unto them, I must preach the kingdom of God to other cities also: for therefore am I sent."
Where are those other cities, those other sheep?  Welcome to the Book of Mormon, mate!
- John 14:26 (This Week)
"But the Comforter, which is the Holy Ghost, whom the Father will send in my name, he shall teach you all things,and bring all things to your remembrance, whatsoever I have said unto you."
Before He left, Christ promised that He would send the Holy Ghost to teach us all things.  Although none of us have ever seen Christ ourselves, the Holy Ghost testifies that He Lives and that His Gospel has been restored to the earth today! 

Words of the Week 
- Straightaway, Immediately - It's cool because this is kinda like a scriptural term, but many people use it just when they're casually speaking 
- Fizzy, Soda
- Rock Melon, Cantaloupe 
- Sultanas, Raisins
- Mozzies, Mosquitoes


This stuff is the best!! #mooo
(It's one of the milk brands they have here.  One of the ward members works there, so he'll give us heaps of strawberry/chocolate milk along with a few gallons of white too.)


Never thought I'd use a heater during the summer!



No comments:

Post a Comment